- by Sharon Loewen
Congratulations to Natalija Zmavc on winning 2 tickets to the Zoo Lights Festival! We had a great time on night 1 at the Zoo playing glow in the dark badminton and visiting with some great Winnipeggers! We will be on site again on December 11th and 18th. Come visit us!
GLOW YOUR WAY INTO THE NEW YEAR
That’s right, we planned a New Year's Eve party that is every parent's dream. Why? Because it ends at 8:00 pm! Get your kiddos to bed and cuddle up on the couch to watch the ball drop or book your sitter. You will still have time to head out to party in the New Year!
We have planned an evening of skating, glow games, pizza, cupcakes, snacks, dancing and more! RSVP with Reception. Members are welcome to invite friends to join them!
- by Elliott Beals
Last weekend Kiren Deraj and Evan & Anson Chen represented the WWC at the Junior Elite in Moncton, NB. All players had a very good performance.
Kiren - quarter finals Singles U -19, semi finals Doubles U -19
Evan - quarter finals Doubles U -17, consolation Mixed winner U -17
END OF FALL PROGRAMMING
The last day of lessons for the Fall session will be on December 14th. The Winter session will start on January 6th. Please check the website for programing details.
The WWC and badminton community was saddened to hear of the passing of Russell Unilowsky in a motor vehicle collision on November 7th in Winnipeg. Russell was a regular badminton player at the Club, a musician (Russell Lee Band) and owner of the Garden City Canadian Tire.
Please click HERE to learn about the life of Russell Unilowsky.
Pickleball will be played on courts 4 & 5 every Sunday from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm.
- by Trevor Borland
The last day of the Fall Session of programing for our juniors is December 15th. All groups and classes will be on break until the week of January 6th.
- by Logan Jeske
Registration for Winter Club lessons will begin this Tuesday, December 3rd. Register early to ensure you get the time slot you want!
MODIFIED POOL HOURS
Christmas holidays are approaching and we will have modified pool hours the following days in December:
December 24th: 6:30 am - 1:30 pm
December 25th: CLOSED
December 26th: 10:30 am - 5:30 pm
December 31st: 6:30 am - 1:30 pm
OPEN SWIM TIME
With Winter Club and H20 lessons now complete, there is additional open swim time. Make sure to take advantage of the open pool while you can!
- by Peter Otto
Here are the end dates for all Junior Lesson programs:
- Wednesday ½, ¾, Le Petite from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm: Last day is December 11th (restarts January 8th)
- Friday ½, ¾, Le Petite 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Last day is December 13th (restarts January 10th)
- Saturday ½, ¾, Le Petite 10:30 am - 11:30 am: Last day is December 14th (restarts January 11th)
- Sunday Junior League: Last day is Decemeber 15th (restarts January 12th)
- Balmoral Hall: Last day is December 12th (restarts January 16th)
- All Otto Academy: Final day is December 20th (restarts the week of January 6th)
JUNIOR WINTER 10 WEEK SESSION BEGINS THE WEEK OF JANUARY 6TH
ADULT FALL PROGRAMMING ENDING SOON!
Here are the end dates for all adult programs:
- Adult Leagues: End on various dates. Please check schedules.
- All Clinics: Last day is December 20th (restarts the week of January 6th)
- Monday New Member Night: Last day is December 16th (restarts the week of January 6th)
- Friday Mixed Doubles: Last day is December 20th (restarts January 17th)
ADULT WINTER 10 WEEK SESSION BEGINS THE WEEK OF JANUARY 6TH
January 24, 2020
January 31, 2020
February 14, 2020
March 02 - 07, 2020
March 23 - 27, 2020