- by Logan Jeske
Did you know we offer aqua fitness for all ages at the WWC? Aquafit is a great full body exercise and because of the buoyancy of water you can strengthen your muscles and improve cardiovascular fitness without subjecting your body to any additional wear and tear! Our Aquafit classes run Monday - Friday from 9:15 am to 10:15 am. Classes are $8 each or you can pay $40/month for unlimited access.
Come check it out today!
- by Peter Otto
This Friday, February 7th, we have 3 courts going from 7:00 - 8:30 pm with lots of games and switching of partners! All levels of adults are welcome to sign up! Contact Peter Otto to register or let Olga know! FUN FUN FUN! These mixed nights run the first and third Friday of each month and are FREE!
NO PROGRAMS AND REDUCED CLUB HOURS ON LOUIS RIEL DAY!
This year the holiday Monday is on February 17th! Club hours are 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. There will be regular programming on Saturday, February 15th and Sunday, February 16th but no programming on the Monday! Courts are available to book for your personal play!
WINTER ADULT TENNIS GAMES ON FEBRUARY 28TH!
Our popular social night is scheduled for Friday February 28th. All levels of play!
-Arrive: between 6:30 - 7:00 pm and start with your drink from the bar
-Oncourt: singles and doubles games begins at 7:00 pm and goes until 9:00 pm. Open play after 9:00 pm
-Offcourt: There will be a few breaks for players to enjoy dinner, salads and have a few drinks
Test your knowledge at a tennis trivia game and win some prizes!
Registration deadline is Tuesday, February 25th!
Open to all members and their guests but space is limited! You can sign up at the front desk.
Option 1: Dinner, 1 drink and oncourt games members $25| guests $35
Option 2: Dinners, 1 drink and no oncourt play members $15| guests $25
*charged to your member account.
- by Jessica Barsky
Our Annual Member Hockey Tournament will be taking place March 2nd-March 7th! Tournament game days will be on Monday, March 2nd, Thursday, March 5th and Saturday, March 7th. Food and complimentary beverage on Thursday, March 5th.
Monday 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm or 8:15 pm - 9:15 pm
Thursday 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm or 8:15 pm - 9:15 pm
Saturday 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm or 1:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Final game played Saturday at 3:00 pm
Mark your calendars and get registered!
The Member Hockey Tournament is for Members 18+ of all abilities who love the game!
Different than our regular pick-up hockey games, our tournament games are fully refereed and we play stop time.
When you register, we ask that you include an approximate player rating as once registration closes, your Member Hockey Committee and I will draft your tournament teams as fairly as possible.
WINTER GROUP SKATING LESSONS
MEMBER HOCKEY REMINDERS
Whether you’re new to the Member Hockey Program or a regular, it’s always good to have some refreshers on important information. Member hockey is for adult members over the age of 18 who want to play a great game of pick-up hockey.
When: Mondays 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Thursdays 7:45 pm - 9:30 pm, Saturdays 3:00 pm-4:45 pm & Sundays: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Watch your Member Hockey emails for any schedule changes! Full equipment is required. No need to register in advance. We schedule your goalies. You just show up ready to play!
HERE IS SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW:
- All players attending Member Hockey need to bring both a light and dark jersey. To effectively balance our teams, we may ask you to switch your jersey color.
- Dressing rooms to change into your gear are located in the arena and we also have the private dressing room where members have assigned stalls. You can rent a stall for $15.00 per month to store their gear. Let me know if you want to be added to the waiting list for a stall.
- Mission Statement: To promote Member Hockey at all levels in a safe and fun environment.
- If players are jeopardizing this environment, they may be asked to take a moment to cool down.
- Member Hockey Oath: In the name of all competitors, I promise that I shall take part in WWC Member Hockey, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, in the true spirit of sportsmanship.
- If an issue arises on the ice or the bench that is contrary to the mission statement or oath, the committee members have the right to address the situation at that time. Documentation of the situation will be provided to Jessica.
- Guests: Guests are not permitted to Member Hockey on Mondays, Thursdays or Saturdays. Guests are permitted on Sundays as well as Jets home game days and must be signed in at the front desk. The guest policy applies during the regular hockey season, September to end of May. Guests are permitted in July and August when signed in with the front desk.
WE DO NOT ALLOW:
If an opponent has the puck in the corner, you’re to let them go by. No going hard into the corner to get the puck.
Goalies are required for a game to happen and to ensure they want to come out to play with us remember to:
#1 SHOW UP- It sucks for them to show up and not get enough players.
#2 Treat them with respect/Do not crash the net.
- by Jessica Barsky
Registration is available online for Spring Break Camp! You can also register by calling, emailing or visiting our Front Desk.
We will be running 2 weeks of camp for kids ages 5 - 11 years old.
Camp dates are: March 23rd - March 27th for private schools and March 30th- April 3rd for public schools.
This camp is a great mix of physical activity as well as things to let their creative side shine.
Lunch & 2 Snacks Included
Times: Camp runs 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Standard Drop Off: 8:30 - 9:00 am
Standard Pick Up: 4:00 - 4:30 pm
Early drop off available 8:00 - 8:30 am and late pick up available 4:30 - 5:00 pm at additional $5.00 per day. Must be booked in advance.
Some of our activities include:
Items to Bring:
Non-Marking Running Shoes
Full Week Cost:
$225.00 Members $275.00 Non-Members
Cost per day:
$45.00 Members $55.00 Non-Members
All fees are subject to GST
- by Elliott Beals
Come and check out our Adult Beginner Badminton every Monday at 7:00 pm.
Pal Chawla Junior Open February 6th – February 9th
Pickleball will be played on courts 4 & 5 every Sunday from 1:30 – 3:30 pm.
February 28, 2020
March 02 - 07, 2020
March 14, 2020
March 23 - 27, 2020
March 30 - April 03, 2020