Covid Bulletin #82
Dear Valued WWC Members,
Strict new public health orders to close restaurants, bars, patios, gyms, fitness centres, museums and day camps as well as restrict retail capacity will come into effect on Sunday to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the strain on the health-care system.
The following additional public health order restrictions will be in effect on Sunday, May 9 at 12:01 a.m. for a period of three weeks:
• outdoor gatherings that include people from multiple households are limited to a maximum of five people;
• restaurants, bars and patios will close to in-person dining but can still provide take-out and delivery services;
• gyms and fitness centres will close;
• casinos remain closed and VLTs will close;
• museums, galleries and libraries will close;
• indoor community, cultural and religious gatherings are prohibited;
• personal services such as estheticians, barbers, salons and tanning salons will close;
• indoor sports and recreation, including after-school activities, will close;
• outdoor sports and recreation activities will have a maximum of five participants and organized team games will not be permitted;
• dance, theatre and music schools will close;
• day camps will close;
• retail stores, markets and garden centres will be able to open at 10 per cent capacity, to a maximum of 100 people, and malls will be open to a maximum of 10 per cent of the facility’s capacity;
• self-help gatherings will have a maximum of 10 participants.
This is very unfortunate news as our members have been so respectful in following the rules and regulations put in place by our Province coupled with our team providing a safe and clean environment for our members.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this closure once again. Stay healthy, stay safe and remember, we are all in this together.
Your WWC Management Team and Board of Directors