Covid bulletin #35
Manitoba's chief provincial public health officer announced the Winnipeg Metro Region will be moving to code red on the pandemic response system. Dr. Brent Roussin said the city of Winnipeg and surrounding area is being moved to the critical or red level on the response system and it will come into effect on Monday, November 2.
The announcement states that;
Sports and Recreation Activities
• All recreational facilities, group sports, arcades, bowling, etc. suspended.
• All indoor and outdoor sport facilities closed.
Gyms and Fitness
• Reduced capacity to 25 per cent.
• Mask mandatory, even while exercising.
• Programming will be suspended.
We are awaiting confirmation from our Public Health Officer (PHO) as the new Public Health Order has not been released as of yet, but in the conversations we have had today since the announcement with our PHO and with the office of Minister of Health, we are interpreting that only our Fitness area can remain open as of Monday morning, with reduced capacity of 20 members at once and you MUST wear a mask while exercising.
- The hours of operation will remain the same until further notice,
Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 10:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Due to the decreased maximum capacity, pre-booking your visit is imperative.
- The locker rooms will remain open.
- Child care and junior lounge will remain open.
- Our rink is closing as of 10:00 pm this evening.
We will be updating this notice as soon as more information is available.